Saturday, April 10, 2010

Book Review: Life Colors

To continue from my last post - April 3, 2010: The first time I saw my own aura


The next evening I went to the book store to look for something.  I didn't have anything in particular in mind, and in fact, I'd actually wanted to find a math review guide for the GMAT, but somehow found myself in the Spiritual section.  I came across a book called Life Colors by Pamala Oslie.  I picked it up and immediately turned to the section that described my color - the color I'd seen in the mirror the night before.

I have to say, it was like coming home.  Everything I'd been feeling, everything I'd intuitively known, but couldn't put words to was right there in that book.  It was like she had known me my entire life.  I felt weak and faint and had to sit down to finish reading, it was so spot on.  But the best part was, it gave me a voice... it put words to what I already knew, it gave me reasons for why I acted in certain ways and why I felt the way I did.  It validated the path that I was on in a way that I have never felt before.

I briefly mentioned in my introductory post that I thought there was a lot of garbage about auras out there.  This is definitely NOT one of those books.  I tend to ignore information most people give about the meaning of colors because they simply give a one or two sentence description of a generic meaning of the color.  A lot of people who "write" these, I question whether they actually can see auras and I doubt that they're as in tune with them as Pam is.

There's a quiz at the beginning of the book which tells you your color.  I didn't take the quiz since I saw my color.  But I do wonder, if maybe I have a secondary color in my aura that I can't see yet - though I don't think I do.  I also wonder about the accuracy of the test - not because I doubt her abilities, but because sometimes people have a tendency to project what think they should be, or what they want  to be, or take on characteristics that others want them to have.  And I think things like that would skew the results.

I gave the quiz to a couple of people, and the results were pretty accurate, though without seeing their color, I can't tell if it's because that actually is their color or because they were answering based on their actions, which would lead to a fairly good description of themselves, but not necessarily tell them their color.  My experiment will be to find a willing subject who will let me try and see their color, then have them take the test and see if the results match.  But that is something I will have to keep on the shelf for now.

Not only did this book tell me about myself, but it also gave me a better understanding of others.  By reading the descriptions of certain colors, I could see those traits in people I knew and it gave me a deeper understanding of them... what I could have done, if I'd known this information at the time... better ways to interact with people... know what works with certain people and what doesn't... how to relate to them... what they respond to and what they don't.

Reading this book renewed my interest in seeing auras.  I can see the benefits more clearly of being able to auras and I have a better understanding that other people can see mine too.  It's on display for the entire world... but that's for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment