Tuesday, April 6, 2010

My family's colors

This week has been a week of viewing other people's auras.  My uncle is in town visiting for the week, and I thought this would be the perfect opportunity to practice on a subject other than myself.  While he read on the couch, I had a look at his color.  To tell the truth, I was actually quite surprised by what I saw.  He is a very easy-going guy who gets along with everyone.  From reading the descriptions of the aura colors in Pam Oslie's book, Life Colors, I would have thought of him as one of the tans, maybe with a bit of blue because he's so caring and nurturing.

But when I saw his color, he radiated violet.  At first I saw the violet about 3 feet away from his body and the beginnings of another color I couldn't quite make out near his face.  But the second time I had a look, the violet was more pronounced.  The color was around his face and around his whole body.

I was curious about this because I hadn't expected to see violet at all, so I asked him to take the color test at beginning of Life Colors.  He scored Environmental tan/ Sensitive tan - which is exactly what my grandfather (his father) scored and what I would have expected.  I looked at his color again, and again, it was violet.  There is no doubt, I keep seeing violet.  The last time I looked at his color, I started to see flecks of blue in it as well.  But I couldn't make the blue stable.  It showed itself and then it disappeared.  Apparently, violet is the easiest color to see, which would explain why it's harder for me to get a clear picture of the blue.

I'm still amazed by the fact that my uncle is violet.  It makes me wonder what to do about that - I mean, he thinks he's a tan, but I keep seeing violet.  So what does that mean?  If he aligned his life with his color and acted more like a violet, how would his life change?  Would he have a more fulfilling life?  What do you do and what is the responsibility when you can see that in someone?  Not that I think my uncle's life is bad or unfulfilling in anyway, but I wonder... what if he knew he was violet, and started acting more like a violet, how would he change?

Now my aunt.  I actually saw her color before I saw my uncle's.  Yellow appeared by her face.  It was hard for me to see and I didn't see much, just a bit around her face, but that was enough.  As soon as I saw that in her it made sense.  She is very much a yellow - very fun to be around and always laughing and having a good time.  She said the description of the yellow's in Pam Oslie's book was like an extreme version of herself and that it described about 75% of her.

There was also another color around my aunt that I couldn't quite make out.  I had been looking at her aura for about 1/2 an hour when I started to see it, and I had a bit of a headache from concentrating so much, so I didn't look any longer and haven't looked since.  But I am curious to see what that other color is.  She took the test and came out a Sensitive Tan/ Green.  Reading the description, she is definitely not a sensitive tan and she said the Green described her about 50%.  So maybe that is the other color I couldn't quite make out.

With her too, I'm interested in the differing test results vs. the colors I see.  She knew instantly that she wasn't a Sensitive Tan when we read about them, but then why did she come out that color?  And why didn't she score higher on the Yellow section of the test when the description fit her so well.

The first time I read about my color, I shook and felt faint and had to sit down to finish reading, it described me so well.  I felt like for the first time in my life someone finally understood me - someone finally really got me.  And this came from a woman I never met or even ever heard of until the moment I picked up her book in the bookstore.  It was a profound awakening for me.  But I knew I had the right color because I saw it - I didn't even take the test.

I wonder if others would have such a profound experience if they understood what their aura color said about them and what it meant in their lives.  What if everybody aligned themselves with their true life purpose.  What if everyone knew themselves that well.  It's empowering.

I'm not questioning the validity of the test, but I am questioning what to do when you come across someone who behaves as one color, or thinks they are one color, but they are really a different color.  Of course, people can do whatever they want, and they might not even care what their color is, but some people do and it could really help.

No comments:

Post a Comment